© 2020 Coach Training EDU
15 Questions When Considering a Coach Training Program
With numerous options available, we understand that finding the “right” coach training program can feel a bit overwhelming, even confusing. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to explore various programs and identify what you’re looking for in a program (e.g., online training option, ICF accredited, etc.). With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 15 critical questions you should ask the admissions/enrollment departments when exploring a coach training program.
Credibility & Longevity
- How long have you been training coaches?
- How many coaches have you trained?
- What organizations or companies have you provided training to their teams?
- What resources are available to graduates/alumni of your program?
- What coach specializations do you offer?
- What is the structure of your program? (e.g. length of program, frequency and duration of class, training platform, etc.)
- What support is provided to me if I want to build a coaching practice?
- What support is provided to me if I want to integrate coaching techniques into my current work?
- Who leads the training? What is their background?
- To what degree does your program rely on positive psychology?
- To what degree are the prices on your website fully inclusive of what is necessary to receive a certification?
Accreditation & Licensing
- Is your institution accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF)?
- Is your institution licensed in your state to operate as an educational institution?
- What is required for me to receive certification through your institution as well as through the ICF?
- How does your program support me through the entirety of this process?