Our Coach Training EDU HQ team and community has compiled a list of FAQ to help you throughout your coaching journey. If you don’t see your question here, our Admissions Advisors are standing by to answer any questions you may have.
“WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?”
As defined by the International Coach Federation (ICF), Life Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires clients to maximize their personal and professional potential. In this relationship, the client is honored as the expert of their life and work and it is believed that every client is creative, resourceful and whole. The role of a life coach is to provide support to enhance the resources, skills and creativity that the client already has within themselves.
Coach Training EDU (CTEDU) ensures that all graduates understand the value of the ICF Core Competencies and Ethics upon certification. We offer interactive training that prepares our graduates to effectively support clients with excellent standards of practice
“IS FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?”
While CTEDU does not qualify for federal financial aid, we provide educational packages and payment options that work with your budget. Our most common payment options are a pay-in-full, which includes a 10% discount or 12 equal installments over a year.
We offer discounts to those who work at institutions of higher education and for groups of three or more who are looking for coach training. Please contact Matt with any questions.
“I KNOW I WANT TO BE A COACH, BUT I’M NOT SURE WHICH PATH IS RIGHT FOR ME?”
That is alright! Deciding to become a coach is the first step of the journey into a new profession. It is a time to explore, challenge and learn about yourself as you do your life’s work. So, even though we provide three different life coach training specializations (Executive, Wellness and Academic), our curriculum is designed to prepare you to work with a diverse client population, regardless of the specialization.
“WHAT IS THE INTERNATIONAL COACH FEDERATION (ICF)?”
The ICF is the leading global organization committed to advancing the coaching profession through establishing a high standard of practice, providing independent certification, and building an international network of trained coaching professionals. The ICF provides accountability to both clients and the coaching profession as a whole. Individual coaches and coach training programs that pursue ICF accreditation demonstrate mastery in coaching, in both knowledge and skills and an ongoing commitment to professional excellency. Coach Training EDU offered approved and accredited coach training hours through the ICF.
“WILL I RECEIVE MY ICF CREDENTIAL WHEN I GRADUATE FROM CTEDU?”
The International Coach Federation (ICF) is a separate organization from all coach training organizations. Here at Coach Training EDU, it is up to you to determine whether you pursue an ICF credential (or not).
Our training programs are approved and accredited through the ICF so if you want to obtain your ICF credential, the process is simple.
- Determine the credential you want to pursue. The ICF offers three credentials: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC).
- Complete the necessary number of training hours & mentor coaching hours from our courses based on the credential you want.
- Log a specific number of experience hours coaching clients.
- Pass the ICF Coach Knowledge Assessment (CKA.
- Apply for your credential!
“WHAT IS THE VALUE OF GETTING CERTIFIED AS A LIFE COACH?”
Receiving a life coach credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC) from the International Coaching Federation (ICF) reveals not only your credibility as a life coach, but also your investment in the theoretical and practical components of professional coaching. Further, certification serves as an effective marketing tool to establish your coaching practice or serve as an asset in advancing your career within an organization.
“IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A LIVING AS A COACH?”
Absolutely! More than 70% of our CTEDU alumni have coaching related income. Life Coaching is a $2 billion dollar industry that continues to grow internationally.
“WHAT MAKES CTEDU DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COACH TRAINING PROGRAMS?”
- We are at the highest level of accreditation that the ICF offers training organizations and we’re currently in the process of becoming accredited through the US Department of Education.
- The founders (John and Amois Williams) emphasize our core purpose is rooted in a deep sense that coaching skill sets, with an emphasis on deep listening and generous curiosity, will help humanity flourish and sustainably thrive. To live our mission as a company, everyone in the organization is life coach trained.
- Our founders have first-hand experience launching successful coaching businesses and over 10 years of experience bringing coaching programs into organizations.
- Our Academic, Wellness, & Executive Life Coach training programs are grounded on core life coaching principles established by the ICF that prepare individuals to be practicing professional coaches after completion.
- Courses are taught by experienced trainers who are certified life coaches and have completed CTEDU courses.
- CTEDU believes in a completely online, remote learning model that allows greater accessibility and affordability of our programs.
- Utilizes a flipped classroom model as an instructional strategy and blend andragogy (focuses more on process than content), experiential (learning through experience), and transformational learning approaches to maximize individual growth and development throughout each course.
- We provide business building materials that give you the knowledge to create your own profitable business and do your life’s work.
- Support and resources available throughout your training, into launching your coaching career, and beyond.
“WHAT IS THE ONLINE, WEBINAR EXPERIENCE LIKE?”
Globally, distance learning is progressively gaining popularity. Our values at Coach Training EDU align seamlessly with the online classroom experience in that it allows for greater accessibility, flexibility, and numerous opportunities for interpersonal engagement with classmates and trainers. Additionally, our course size limits promote engaged and active learning throughout the entirety of each class.
All of our courses are taught remotely in a flipped classroom model. Lectures are pre-recorded so class time is spent engaging with instructors and participants. Each course is instructed by an experienced and qualified trainer. Trainers and participants meet once a week via Zoom, a platform for video meetings, and discuss the material for the week and then jump into interactive learning and real time experience by coaching other participants in the class. In addition to live weekly group meetings, you’ll have a chance to meet one-to-one with your coach trainer for specific feedback and support. These can be done from anywhere you have access to internet and video.
“WHAT SUPPORT IS PROVIDED TO ALUMNI OF COACH TRAINING EDU?”
CTEDU is an organization committed to the success of its enrolled coaches-in-training and our graduates. As an alumni, you will have access to free Continued Coach Education (CCE) training and be a life-long member in the vibrant CTEDU coaching community.
“HOW DO I ENROLL IN THE COACH TRAINING PROGRAM?”
- Have a conversation with one of our Enrollment Coaches. If you have already spoken with one, reach back out and let them know you would like to enroll.
- Complete our application here.
- Your Enrollment Coach will support you through the enrollment process and prepare you for an experience of a lifetime.
Don’t see your question above? To connect with an Admissions Advisor, complete our contact form here.