1.0 Wellness Coach
The 1.0 Wellness Coach Training course is a unique training experience designed for individuals interested in coaching around health and wellness topics. Your training will cover foundational coaching skills, as well as how to coach around topics such as diet, exercise, mindfulness, stress management, and much more.
1.0 Wellness Coach Training is a foundational coach training course that introduces you to fundamental coaching concepts, as well as skills and tools that are specific to addressing health and wellness-related concerns.
Throughout your training, you will learn the basics of coaching, such as how to listen empathetically, establish a successful coach-client relationship, and design effective actions and accountabilities with your client. In addition, you will gain specific skills and tools for addressing common health and wellness-related concerns. Lastly, you will receive tips and tricks for launching and establishing your own coaching practice.
To see a full class syllabus and view sample materials from the full training program, click here.
This 24-week training experience aims to prepare you to start working with clients and launch your health and wellness coaching practice in 6 months. The course meets once a week, for two hours, via webinar, and each class meeting is lead by one of our trained and certified coach trainers. Each class meeting provides you with time to discuss concepts from the reading and pre-recorded lectures, ask questions, and practice coaching. The full training program includes the following components:
- Weekly class meetings. As mentioned above, the 1.0 Wellness Coach Training course consists of 24 training sessions over the course of 6 months. You will meet once a week, at a designated class time, for two hours. To become a certified coach. you must attend at least 20 of these 24 training sessions. Each training session is also recorded, so you are able to catch up on any classes you may need to miss.
- Practice Client(s). As part of your training, you will be required to find and work through at least 10 coaching sessions, with at least one practice client. Having a practice client will give you the chance to practice the skills you learn throughout your training, as well as help you gain firsthand experience as a coach.
- Coach-Client Overviews. You will be required to complete a total of 4 coach-client overviews (mentor coaching hours) throughout your training course – these are due by weeks 6, 12, 18, and 24. This allows you to incorporate the feedback you receive into your subsequent coaching sessions and develop good coaching habits from the start of your coaching journey.
- Final Exam. The final piece of certification is an exam with 25 questions and two 250 to 500 word essays. The exam takes at most an hour with most participants finishing within 45 minutes.
Your 1.0 Wellness Coach Training will include access to an online class page with a variety of training and business-building materials, including:
- PDF versions of the course textbook, the Wellness Coach Training Guide, as well as all other written texts you need throughout your training. ( You will also receive a hard copy of the course textbook).
- 15+ hours of recorded lectures addressing concepts from the course textbook.
- Program syllabus, calendar, and link and instructions to access class each week.
- A sample business plan and client contracts.
- Pre-made workshop scripts and materials from the Do Your Life’s Work series.
- Recordings of all class meetings on a class YouTube playlist.
Coach Training EDU offers its own proprietary certification as an Associate Certified Wellness Coach, upon the completion of the 1.0 Wellness Coach Training course. You are also eligible for certification with the International Coach Federation (ICF) after completing your training.
Certification, both through a proprietary organization and the ICF, is an important step in establishing a successful coaching business. For more details about Coach Training EDU’s certification requirements or certification through the International Coach Federation, click here.