1.0 Academic Life Coach Training Course
The 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training course is is designed to prepare you to use coaching skills and tools with middle, secondary, and college students. This unique training experience is perfect for current coaches who are looking to specialize in working with students, teachers who are interested in gaining additional tools for their classrooms, or counselors, tutor, and mentors who are wanting to add another set of services for their students.
The 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training course covers three basic areas of training:
The first part of your training will cover foundational coaching skills, outlined by the International Coach Federation. You will learn essential coaching concepts, such as how to establish an effective coach-client relationship, listen empathetically, and design actions and accountabilities to lead your client to success.
The second part of your training will focus on specific tools and exercises from the Academic Life Coaching Workbook. This 10-session workbook is the cornerstone of Academic Life Coach Training, and your training will prepare you to deliver the material both as an entire coaching program and as individual exercises.
The final part of your training will include business-building support and tips. Here at Coach Training EDU, we are passionate about helping coaches create successful coaching business. Throughout your training, your coach trainers, as well as our staff at headquarters, are available to help you navigate the business-side of coaching and provide you with insight on how best to find your first clients and establish your coaching practice. You will also receive a variety of business-building materials, including a week-by-week business plan, as part of your training materials.
To see a full class syllabus and view sample materials from the full training program, click here.
The 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training course is a 24-week training experience that prepares you start working with clients and launch your coaching practice in 6 months. The course meets once a week, for two hours, via webinar and is lead by one of Coach Training EDU’s trained and certified coach trainers. Class meetings provide you with time to discuss concepts from the reading and pre-recorded lectures, ask questions, and practice coaching. The full training program includes the following components:
- https://mediaspectrum.net/healthcare/ order now Weekly class meetings. As mentioned above, the 1.0 ALC Training course consists of 24 training sessions, over the course of 6 months. You meet once a week, at a designated class time, for two hours. To become a certified coach you must attend 20 of these 24 training sessions. Each training session is recorded, which makes it easy to catch up on anything you may need to miss.
- order now Practice Client(s). As part of your training, you will be required to find and work through the 10-session Academic Life Coaching Program with at least one practice client. Working with a practice client will help you gain firsthand experience as a coach and give you the chance to practice the skills you learn about and discuss in class each week.
- order now Coach-Client Overviews. You will be required to complete a total of 4 coach-client overviews (mentor coaching hours) throughout your training – these are due by weeks 6, 12, 18, and 24. The timing of the overviews allows you to incorporate the feedback you receive into your subsequent coaching sessions.
- here Final Exam. The final piece of certification is an exam with 25 questions and two 250 to 500 word essays. The exam is to be taken by the end of your 6-month training.
As part of your 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training, you will receive access to an online class page with all training and business-building materials, including:
- PDF versions of the course textbook, the Super Training Guide, as well as all other written texts you need throughout your training. ( You will also receive a hard copy of the Super Training Guide and three copies of the Academic Life Coaching Workbook for students.
- 15+ hours of recorded lectures discussing the Academic Life Coaching concepts.
- Program syllabus, calendar, and link and instructions to access class each week.
- Business-plan and sample client contracts
- Pre-made PowerPoint presentations, handouts and scripts.
- Sample marketing materials to provide to parents or schools.
- Recordings of all class meetings on a class YouTube playlist.
Coach Training EDU offers its own proprietary certification as an Associate Certified Academic Life Coach upon the completion of the 1.0 Academic Life Coach Training course. You are also eligible for certification with the International Coach Federation (ICF) after completing your training.
Certification, both through a proprietary organization and the ICF, is an important step in establishing a successful coaching business and building credibility as a coach. For more details about Coach Training EDU’s certification requirements or certification through the International Coach Federation, click here.